About LWF and This Policy
LWF is a leadership consulting firm that provides talent selection, development, management, and consulting services (“Services”) to a wide range of public and private organizations. Most of the Services that LWF offers are provided to organizations (“Clients”) under a legally binding contract. LWF uses tests, inventories, 360-surveys, simulations, and other products (“Products”) within the scope of its business, any or all of which may be used by you as part of your participation in LWF’s Services.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The data we collect depends on the Sites you use and the information you enter. Personal Information may include:
- Identifiers. Your name, contact details, and preferred means of communication.
- Responses. Information you provide in connection with assessments, simulations, and surveys available through our Sites.
- User Credentials. Login user credentials such as your user names and passwords when using our online systems.
- Product Purchases. Information related to your account including Products and quantities purchased.
- Marketing and Communications Information. Preferences in receiving marketing information from us and/or third parties along with your communication preferences.
- Studies and Surveys. We may ask you to participate in a study or survey and may request information from you. Participation is voluntary, and you have the choice of whether to disclose any requested information.
We may collect your Personal Information when providing Services to you or our Clients, to operate our business, and/or when you register for webinars, newsletters, publications, and events.
- Personal Information comes from you as you interact with LWF directly.
- When you register and/or access our Sites, complete online assessments, provide Personal Information about yourself to our coaches, or contact us via email, electronic forms, or telephone.
- If you submit any Personal Information about other people to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
- Personal Information about you may come from our Clients to whom we provide Services.
- When someone participates in an assessment or coaching experience, they may share Personal Information about you.
Please do not provide us with any Personal Information if you do not agree with this Policy.
Other Information We Collect
LWF may collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity (“Other Information”), such as demographic information and other information provided by you; information collected through cookies*, pixel tags, and other technologies; and aggregated information.
Because Other Information does not reveal your specific identity, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information that identifies you directly, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose your Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Third Party Websites
Our Sites may provide links to third-party websites to handle such things as assessments, certifications, event registration, and product sales.
LWF bears no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices of websites that may be linked to from an LWF Site or to companies that may provide additional Products or Services. You should refer to those organizations’ specific privacy policies to learn how they collect, use, and disclose information.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
LWF uses the Personal Information it collects in several ways. We may use your Personal Information for one or more of the following activities:
- Providing Services to you and/or our Client as agreed upon in the legally binding contract.
- Internal analysis and research to help us in the development or improvement of our Products and Services.
- Responding to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- Business purposes such as audits, internal communication regarding candidates and Clients, maintaining and securing our Services, and for financial transactions.
- Marketing purposes for which you have opted-in and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities.
- Testimonials to which you have provided feedback to be used on our website(s) or marketing or other materials.
- Confirming and responding when you have registered for an event.
- Sending relevant information regarding our Online Systems, Consulting Services, Product, or Policy changes.
Who Has Access to Your Personal Information
How your Personal Information is disclosed will depend upon the situation. While providing Services, we may disclose your Personal Information to Clients who have engaged our Services. Our Client can be your employer or an organization with whom you are seeking employment.
LWF will only share your Personal Information when the law allows us to. If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules (How We Use the Information We Collect), where this is required or permitted by law.
LWF may disclose or transfer all or part of your Personal Information in the event of a sale of our company. We may disclose or transfer all or part of your Personal Information in the event of a merger or consolidation involving our company. This may also occur if there is a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business.
LWF may also use or disclose Personal Information (to comply with a legal obligation or because we have legitimate interest to do so) in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to inquiries, requests, or orders from public or government authorities, including those outside of your country of residence, or (iii) protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of LWF, you, or others.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
LWF respects your right to access and control your Personal Information. Your provision of Personal Information to us is voluntary, although if you do not provide certain Personal Information, you may not be able to participate in our Services. Our goal is to keep all Personal Information that we hold accurate, complete, and up to date, and while we will use our best efforts to do so, we encourage you to let us know if your contact details change. If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Personal Information. In some jurisdictions, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information. In these cases, we will comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
Correction and deletion. In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information. Please note that such a request could be refused if your Personal Information is required to provide you with the Products or Services you requested, e.g., to deliver a Product or send an invoice to your email address, or if it is required by the applicable law.
Marketing preferences. If you have provided us with your contact information, we may, subject to any applicable Spam Act or similar regulation, contact you via email, postal mail, or telephone about LWF Products, Services, and events that may be of interest to you.
Email communications. If you receive email from LWF, we will generally provide an Unsubscribe link allowing you to opt out of receiving future email or to change your contact preferences. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts. You can also request changes to your account by emailing email@example.com.
LWF has various electronic safeguards and administrative measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information. Unfortunately, since data transmission over the internet cannot be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transmission of Information
Data collected and received by LWF in connection with the delivery of assessments will be transmitted and stored in the United States with a third-party cloud-services provider (CSP) who adheres to associated GDPR regulations framework. The Internet is a global environment. By using our sites and sending information to us electronically, you consent to trans-border and international transmission of any personal information collected or processed through our sites.
LWF retains Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you and/or our Clients have requested, or for other business purposes, such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. We adhere to professional licensure requirements to keep some types of information for certain periods of time. If your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the licensure or business purposes for which it is processed, we will generally make that information anonymous.
Use of Online Systems by Children
LWF’s online systems are not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we request that these individuals do not provide their Personal Information through the Site.
Translated Privacy Policies
Questions or requests regarding the translation of this Policy should be directed to LWF at email@example.com.
Updates to This Policy
LWF reviews its Privacy Practices regularly, and those practices are subject to change. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by checking the “Revised Date” legend below. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the Site.
Last Review/Update: 1/1/2022